Here you will find all the information you need about your voluntary social year (FSJ) at the Kleinwachau Epilepsy Centre:
You must be:
At least 16, but no more than 27 years old. You must have already finished school or be about to finish.
This is where we need you:
Varied, exciting and challenging tasks await you in one of the FSJ positions in our residential areas, in the hospital, the workshop, the special needs oriented school or in our day care centre "Baumhaus" in Radeberg. The decision is up to you!
This is what you will do:
- You work 40 hours per week
- either you support our day care team in the areas of pedagogy and housekeeping
- or you look after people in our residential groups
- you can also support the patients in our hospital
- or you help out in the workshop or accompany the children in our special needs oriented school
- You can attend 25 seminars to learn new things and meet like-minded people.
- Two shifts and weekend duty options are available, depending on your area of work.
This is what an FSJ with us brings along for you:
- new experiences, tasks, opportunities and of course support with your questions
- a lively, modern, friendly working environment in the countryside
- 350 euros pocket money per month
- 24 days holiday
- free accommodation in a shared flat on our campus in the Kleinwachau epilepsy centre
- Free lunch in our cafeteria
- we provide you with full pension, accident, nursing care, health and unemployment insurance coverage
- discounted travel on public transport
- you are still entitled to child benefit (until the age of 25)
- you gain often better chances of applying or recognition as a pre-study internship; Crediting as a waiting semester for the allocation of study places
- If you wish, we can send you an evaluation or a reference.
How long does it take?
12 to 18 months - depending on your preference.
When do you start?
You can join us at any time from 1 September to 28 February.
Do you have to be a member of the church?
No, church membership is not a requirement. However, we would like you to respect our values.